Thursday, September 11, 2008

You Are What You Drive


Is that really true; are you what you drive?

I got a new-to-me car last May; a 2003 Toyota Corolla. Unfortunately, my husband drives it because he commutes to work.

I have to drive his car; a 1987 Toyota Corolla. Well, the E-brake is gone, the gas is gone (thank goodness I have not run out of gas!), the shocks are gone. That's a lot gone. Somehow it still runs and gets me from A to B.

I would really like to drive my car. After all, I did get it for Mothers Day and I am a Mom; shouldn't I be able to use my own gift?

Instead, I have to drive around in a rusting, breaking, tin can. Yup, a tin can. I have to admit, though, it's great in the snow!

I sometimes wonder when people see me in my tin can, wearing my business clothes, what do they think when they see me? Do they think, "She looks like she could do better than that!" I wonder. Hmmm.

I don't think, "I am what I drive", it's all due to circumstances....

What do you drive? Are you one with it?

No comments: