Sunday, September 21, 2008

How Much Do We Really Test Run A New ______?

Three years ago, we bought a new table and chairs with matching buffet & hutch. We were gobsmacked at how beautiful it was in the showroom ! Not only that, we had just bought a new home that we were waiting to take possession.

We thought everything was perfect, after sitting at the table for a few moments. (I think a car gets a better test run than this did.)

We were so excited when our set arrived at our new home - it was going to be the finishing touch.!

Well, we grossly misjudged the size and it barely fits in our dining area. Not only that, our bum's sink into the chairs too much and it makes the table too high. It feels like I've shrunk each time I sit down to have a bite to eat.

The set was a smashing deal at $1,500-. I don't think we could have gotten a better deal - but was it worth it? It's pretty to look at, but I think that's about it.

What is your regret purchase?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, that is a bummer. I can't think of any regret purchases I've had yet, but then again I live in a tiny house, so there really isn't an opportunity to purchase much. :) Hope you grow to love it.

Earmark Social said...

ooh geez! where to began??

The set does look pretty though :) maybe you can refinish the chairs and make them sturdier?? that would be a fun project, ha ha! I just bought an electric razor because I am sick of buying 15 dollar blades... this is my current regretful purchase... :)