Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sports - Golf, in Particular

My goal for my daughter, who's five, is to be a happy, healthy, producing member of society. I believe as a parent, that's not asking too much.

My Mom's goal for my daughter is to have her become a golf pro as soon as possible! My Mom's already given my daughter three sets of golf clubs! When she was two, it was a fun, plastic set. When she was three, it was a combo plastic / metal set. When she was four, she got a real set.

Today, my Mom has taken my husband golfing and my daughter is riding along in the golf cart and gets to take her putter. This is her introduction to a real, live, golf game.

My Mom tells me there are not enough young, female golfers and that if we play our cards right (she really means ' her cards') then my daughter will be scouted by one of the universities for a scholarship.

Did you know that the same amount of scholarships that's given to the boys must be equal to girls?

I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing - this golf thing.

As long as my daughter is enjoying herself and not being pushed excessively, I guess it's okay, isn't it?

I don't want to be 'one of those parents'.

No comments: