Monday, September 15, 2008

Cleaning Products......

There are sooo many cleaning products on the market, how do you choose which one is right for you and your home?

We used to live in Vernon, BC - that's in the interior of Britsh Columbia. It has very hard water there and the previous owner left the tub and surround crusted! It was gross!

It was hard to keep up, the water was that bad. I really wanted to do a good 'spit and polish' when my daughter was born so I could give her a bath in the bath tub.

I was sold by the product CLR. I bought it and read the instructions. I couldn't believe what I was reading! I had to use it in a well ventilated area, use a face/dust mask and rubber gloves!

What if I missed a spot? What if I was bathing my daughter in CLR water? What would that do to her new, delicate skin?

I had to come up with a solution that I was going to be happy with and that my consience and the enviornment could live with, too.

I came up with a great solution, literally! I came up with Sunlight, liquid dishsoap and Arm & Hammer Baking Soda! The two combined made a cream and with a bit of elbow grease, I removed hard water stains from in and around my tub, I was not using any harsh chemicals and it was all okay for the envoirnment!

I was so happy with this solution, that I still use it today and my daughter's five now. I feel satisfied each time I clean.)

Are you content with your cleaning products?

No comments: