Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting Ready

To me 'getting ready' is like standing in line. It's almost painful. I have my 'getting ready' down to 35 minutes. That includes having a shower, doing my make-up, blowdrying my hair and getting dressed.

I am the kind of person that has to shower everyday. Some days, I procrastinate 'getting ready' until the nth moment. That's not always a good thing; the letter carrier with a package that won't fit into my mailbox always rings my doorbell and has to see me at my worst, or my friend phones and says, "What are you doing right now?"

This kind of procrastination is a bit of a hinderance of my day because nothing can really happen until it's done, not even walking to my mailbox. I won't go out in my pajamas, that's just not right in doing that.

Why don't I just have a shower when I first get up? It would make the rest of my day move much faster. BTW, all of this happens either on a Sunday or a Monday, my two days off from my full-time job.

What do you put off?

No comments: