Monday, October 6, 2008

Photography



I have not been writing as much as I should be because I've been making a lot of product. I'm just finishing off about 100 apple green snap clips and I'm not sure that's enough.

It's not so much as making Hair Flair as it is photographing it. I am a horrible picture taker. I don't deserve the title of "Photographer." I think you have to at least know your camera to get that title.

When I got my camera, I was so excited when I saw the manual, it had a lot of pages; I was sure I was going to be an expert by the time I was finished reading it. I did the usual, set up the time, the time zone, what my battery source was, etc. Then I flipped the page after I had it 'set up' and it was the same instructions over and over in about 13 other languages!

Yup, you guessed it - it wasn't a manual, it was a set-up book. I was on my own after that. I've had my camera for nearly three years and I don't know that I'm much better off now than when I started.

I have tried so many different ways to take pictures and bought a lot of light bulbs. I can't figure what background works best for my product, so I may be settling on a white background.

What is your trial and error "thing"?

No comments: